Friday, December 30, 2011

2011 A look Back: THE LOSS OF THE MACHO MAN

May 20th 2011 will be the day the "MUSIC DIED" for me. Randy "MACHO MAN" Savage was my childhood hero. This guy had it all. Charisma,talent & the woman. Growing up most kids would idolize football or baseball players. I had Pro Wrestling. It was more entertaining and unlike those other sports...THE WWF never had an off season. It was year round.
Going to the BOSTON GARDEN each month was a treat. Randy & Elizabeth were on 90% of all the cards in the 80's. The first title I saw change hands was on February 8th 1986 when Randy won the Intercontinental Championship from Tito Santana. I remember going insane when Randy was announced "THE NEW INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPION" to me it was bigger than the Boston teams winning world titles.
Thanks to my friendship with Col. Bull Montana in 1996 I got the chance to meet both Randy & Elizabeth face to face behind the scenes at the Hartford Civic Center. It was a dream come true. Both were AWESOME. The highlight was going out to dinner with Elizabeth after the show with some of the WCW office staff. A night I will never forget.
     
 The loss of Randy Savage was hard to accept. It was like losing a piece of my childhood. Never again will there be such a charismatic & entertaining person in pop culture. Rest In Peace Brother & thanks for the memories!   OHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHH!

No comments:

Post a Comment