Friday, February 3, 2012

FUTURE-cising

 Now that we are in the second month of 2012, I'm sure everybody has broke their new years resolution to get in better shape? Well, I'm now in my 5th year of getting back in shape & exercising is not as fun as it use to be. So I have come up with a plan that works for me. It's also entertaining and challenging. It's called "FUTURE-cising! What is FUTURE-cising? Well it's doing part of my cardio workout to this track from the Back To The Future Soundtrack.

  As you may all know BTTF is my favorite movie of all time & my favorite scene in the movie is when Marty McFly is driving the DeLorean towards the clock tower attempting to reach 88MPH just as the lightning will strike generating the 1.21 gigawatts of electricity to send him BACK TO THE FUTURE. What I do is I use this track to finish off my last 5 min of a 60 min workout. I have to get my heart rate to 1"88" beats per min and hold that number until the music cue of the lightning strike takes place at the 4min 55 second mark. If I do not reach that number I have to start over til I reach it! I know it may sound insane but it works for me!  Below is the clip from the movie to refresh your memory. I know a lot of people that do crazier things to get motivated!
                     
                                                                                                                                 UNTIL NEXT TIME..........

No comments:

Post a Comment