Tuesday, November 22, 2011

22 YEARS AGO TODAY......THE FUTURE RETURNED!


Hey fan, for those who follow me @TCRESTANI you know that I love the movie Back to the Future. So in the year 1989 on this date November 22nd the sequel came out. I remember getting invited to a press screening at midnight (12am showings were rare in the old days) I remember being the ONLY real fan of the saga there. I could not wait for it. When the announcer said that it was over 3 years ago that Back to the Future came out...I had to correct him (I know geek moment) It was in fact 4 years 4 months & 19 days since the release of the first film. That got a big laugh & for my knowledge I got a free Poster & T-Shirt of the movie!  So the theater lights dim & the movie begins right where part one left off (only changes were Elisabeth Shue who took over the role of Marty's girlfriend from the original "Jennifer" Claudia Wells and actor Jeffrey Weissman took over the part of "George McFly" from Crispin Glover) Hey things like that happen in Hollywood! Now I love BTTF part 1 it's my fav movie of all time! The Sequel was special in it's own way, it was the first "SEQUEL" in history that got to visit it's predecessor. Meaning this was a time travel movie so the characters could go BACK into the first film & re-live scenes from a totally different point of view. (Back in the 80's some people did not understand that concept?) I loved it. Back to the Future Part 2 was like 3 movies in one. You had the futuristic scenes of 2015, the alternate time line of 1985 and you got to re-witness scenes from the original movie from a new perspective, TOTAL GENIUS FILM MAKING! This film was also a trendsetter. Back to the Future Parts 2 & 3 were shot back to back to save money on production costs. This was a new concept for Hollywood (only other movie in that era that did this was Superman 1 & 2) Today you have the Matrix, Pirates & Lord of the Rings using the model that BTTF 2 & 3 created two decades earlier. So on this 22nd anniversary I will go "BACK" and watch this influential piece of cinema history! 
                 Until Next Time.....
THIS IS AFTER HOURS &WE NEVER CLOSE.....GREAT SCOTT!

2 comments:

  1. Haha, great story! You are going to kick me in the ass right through the internet for this, but I have to admit I have not seen BTTF 2 or 3. Obviously it's time to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Dickie it's a LONG weekend nothing is better than leftovers and the entire BTTF Trilogy!

    ReplyDelete